Tuesday, August 9, 2011

8-8-2011

man o man

sounds like you guys had quite the adventure.. im glad it turned out good though im excited for the elma trek i want to help out too..

how exciting is necolas news im so excited to finaly have family close by..
I got payts letter as well sarah forwarded it to me. Im sure proud of him it sounds like he hit the ground running it feels good to be some what shoulder to shoulder with that kid while we are out on our missions serving the lord.. when you told me about dad and tone pulling that handcart together it made me feel empowered like i was pulling my own and then there's payt and i feel like we are just pulling along together... things seem so great right now My life feels happy there is always the mantle of a missionary to think about but i love that too. nothing can come my way. i have been thinking alot about my mission and the things ive been able to do and my goals at the beggining and now and how ive done... My biggest goal in the beginning was to always have the misson presidents love and trust. this last interviews we had a good talk about things and he said how much he trusted and appreciated me and the missionary i was... that meant the world to me i felt so good and continue to press forward in this work... I am bringing others with me which always makes me feel good. I feel empowered by living the legacy that has been laid before me. this sunday we taught the young men and we started by asking everyone who there hero was and some things that made them their hero. Then when we had all talked about our heros we talked about living the legacy that our heroes laid before us.. I testified to them that they could become and probably already are sombody elses hero I testified that the priesthood and the church teaches us men how to become such heroes it was good the spirit was there i loved it.

we also had a baptism this weekend it was grreat the spirit was so strong there and the program was perfect. we are really focused on helping her to move forward in the gospel it is a blessed jorney.

well Im glad to hear that everything is going well at home i sure love having you guys as parents thanks for your love and prayers you guys are truely my best friends. as far as things i need ive noticed that my clothes are wearing thin my black suit isnt dong so good i have holes popping up all over the place and ive devoted the worst pair of the two pants to patching material. My blue suit that dad gave me has stayed nice except for at a recent leader ship conference my back pocket got snagged on somthing and ripped the back pretty bad pretty embarrassing with the sisters present and what not, but a lady in the ward is seein if she can repair the damage. the shirts you guys sent in feb have saved me im just trying to strench all of my clothes a little longer.

other than that im good ill let you know if everything gets repaired alright...

well i love you guys and will talk to you next week...

Love your son
Elder J Wayne Burbidge


On Sun, Aug 7, 2011 at 10:34 PM, Burbidge family wrote:

Hi!
We just got home from Ut.
The Trek ended yesterday @ about 2:00 p.m. and we got home at about 4.
And WOW, what an experience. You would have been proud of Anthon ~even though he grumbled and acted like he didn't want to be there or be doing this~ he was out front of the cart the whole time w/ ropes strapped across his chest pulling the cart w/ dad and Tyler on each side of him. It was great. (I'll send you some pictures) We started out Wed. morning, all mtg @ the Kaysville bldng. Then we drove to Wyoming where the church owns a 286,000 acre cattle ranch, which we Treked right through the middle of. It was a TON of work and having all the kids with was crazy, but very realistic! Our family consisted of Jane & Robert, Sarah and her two boys, April, Dustin and their 5 kids, Morgan and Ben; Willie and Jeff; Tyler, Jessica and their two; Anthon, Jennie and their 3; and us. We pushed 2 handcarts. We went about 27 miles in 4 days. I will never forget how I felt watching Dad and Tone faithfully pulling the cart, getting us safely to our destination each night and seeing faithful Jennie encourage us and inspiring us with her strong testimony of the gospel and the importance of family! (I'll send you a copy of my journal entries if you'd like better details)
We took lots of notes on what we liked and didn't like that will help as we plan for Elma Stakes first Trek.
We had Sean Robbins watch the place while we were gone and he did a great job.
The big news is Brydon got a job like dad's in the Bellevue area!!!! Isn't that awesome? We are so excited ~ he starts Sept. 6th and the church is gonna pack up and move them. Can you believe it?
It was an uneventful ride home ~thankfully!
I just read a letter from Payton that Sarah forwarded to me. Sounds great. He said it's been so hot, they were eating dinner with a family and he watched a cube of butter melt before his eyes!!!
Hope you're well and happy! Is there anything you need?
Well, I hope that you can have a fun p-day.
I love you tons and tons ~ it was great to hear Baylee and Boston praying for you all on their own when it was their turns to say the prayers.
Love Eternally,
~Mom~

No comments:

Post a Comment